OPCYC "FLOAT PLAN" 2017
- May 20 Blessing of the Fleet, Inspections and Sock Burning
- May 27 - 28 Memorial Day Beach Party Cruise- Cape Charles Town Harbor
- May 29 - June 11 Ox-Bridge Cruise- Oxford, Cambridge and Beyond
- July 1-3 4th of July Cruise- York River Yacht Haven
- July 4 4th at the Fort- Return to Fort Monroe for Party and Fireworks
- July 29 Baseball Cruise- Tidewater Marine Center, Portsmouth
- Aug 6-12 Bring the (Grand) Kids Cruise- Rappahannock and Tides Inn Cruise
- Sept 2-8 Rivah Cruise- Mobjack Bay's Rivers and Creeks
- Sept 16-22 Down the Ditch Cruise - Dismal Swamp and Virginia Cut
- ATTN: On standby status till Dismal Swamp reopens
- Oct 7-13 Columbus Day Discovery Cruise - TBD
****Scroll down for additional info on all cruises.*****
We are always looking for YOU to step forward and help our Cruising Program.
Consider volunteering to be a Cruise Captain and lead the way!
It's an easy way to help make the season a Success!
Jean Brzozowski - RC, Fleet Michael Turner- Fleet Captain
BLESSING OF THE FLEET- 20 MAY The procession will begin at 2:00. The Hampton Fire Boat will lead us into Mill Creek, The OPCYC Past Commodores will head the procession followed by the rest of membership and other participating boats. Everyone is welcome- spread the word! Commodore Eileen Turner, on s/v Cats Paws, will be anchored in Mill Creek, Boats will circle in front of Cats Paws while a memorial wreath is laid and taps are played. We will then pass one by one for individual blessings.
SOCK BURNING PARTY TO FOLLOW 4:00 (POT LUCK)
SIGN UP FOR US COAST GUARD AUXILERY SAFETY INSPECTIONS. 9-1:00 Appointment times will be posted for all sign ups before event. MAX 20 so sign up early!
CAPE CHARLES BEACH PARTY- As of 11 March we have 30 boats signed up and the remaining dock space is limited. Call the Harbor Master at 757-331-2357 to reserve your slip NOW! This is always our biggest and best cruise of the year! Get out your speedo and be ready for the Fire Ball Challenge! That always starts the festivities off with a splash! We will be in for a treat again this year with Capt John doing his magic on the BBQ!. This is a POT LUCK so bring along some sides and desserts to share. Games! Prizes! Sunset on the beach! S'mores! Pancake Breakfast ! Bring along your hand held GPS cause we may try our hand at GEO-Caching! Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
OXBRIDGE CRUISE MAY 29-JUNE 10 Come along for a trip up the Eastern shore to visit St. Michaels, Oxford and Cambridge. We will be leaving from Cape Charles and have two weeks to explore the delights of the Eastern Shore. Cruise Captains will be Barry Creighton and Mark Radler.
HARBORFEST - FRIDAY, JUNE 9- SUNDAY JUNE 11- DOWNTOWN NORFOLK WATERFRONT Too much information and too many events to list! It all starts off with a Parade of Sail with the Tall Ships and ends up with a mega party in downtown Norfolk! See the PDF file below for all the details. John Scott is taking the lead as OPCYC's representative. RSVP's for this event must go through John Scott 757-729-1990 or email@example.com DEADLINE IS APRIL 23rd.